7 to 10 PDHPE
- Compulsory for all students in years 7-10 in NSW Public Schools
- Students will participate in and promote enjoyable lifelong physical activity, develop positive decision making skills, enhance their sense of self and improve their capacity to deal with life's challenges.
PASS 9/10 Elective
- Non Compulsory elective course
- A chance for students to learn about the body, experience many physical activity opportunities, improve sporting performance, develop teamwork skills, attempt new challenges and learn in an outdoor environment.
- Excursion opportunities with an Outdoor Education focus.
Year 11 & 12 - 2 Unit PDHPE
- Ideal for students studying for an ATAR.
- A theory based course that requires students to complete a HSC exam.
- Units studies include: Australia's Health Priorities, Factors Affecting Performance, Sports Medicine and Improving Performance.
- This subject is linked to the following fields; PE teacher, exercise scientist, physiotherapist, health promotions officers (RTA, Cancer Council etc), Nutritionist, Paramedic, Ambulance Officer, Personal Trainer, Chiropractor and Sports Administrator.
Year 11 & 12 - 2 Unit Sport Lifestyle and Recreation
- Interest Based Elective - students can study modules that interest them.
- No HSC Exam - School based Assessment.
- Units studies include - Aquatics, Games and sports application, First Aid, Strength and conditioning, Event Management.
- This subject is linked to the following fields, Personal Trainer, coaching, pool attendant, swimming instructor, lifesaver, dance teacher, First Aid officer, Gym instructor and Aerobic instructor.
- Fees $20 per year
Year 11 & 12 Certificate II VET Sports Coaching
- VET Course - students work towards gaining their Certificate II in Sports Coaching.
- Study at school and field training (working with local primary schools to deliver weekly sport and sports carnivals - 35 hrs over 2 years).
- No HSC Exam.
- Competency based assessement.
- Units studied include: First Aid, Beginning coaching principles, Athletics, Coach Junior players, Communication, Workplace health and safety, Organise daily activities.
- This subject is linked to the following fields; Personal Trainer, coaching, pool attendant, swimming instructor, lifesaver, dance teacher, first aid officer, gym instructor and aerobic instructor.
- Fees - $60 year 11 and $40 year 12
Year 11 Life Ready
- Life Ready is a mandatory 25-hour course designed to prepare and support senior students as they encounter situations related to health and safety as they become more independent and gain more responsibilities. It focuses on offering opportunities for students to build the functional knowledge and skills for life post school.This subject is linked to the following fields; Personal Trainer, coaching, pool attendant, swimming instructor, lifesaver, dance teacher, first aid officer, gym instructor and aerobic instructor.
- Participation in the Premier's Sporting Challenge.
- Snow trips offered to students who study an elective in PDHPE.
- Out of school experiences for electives (Stand Up Paddle Boarding, learn to surf and outdoor education to Killalea)
- Golf excursion to watch the Australian open Pro-Am.
- Year 10 PDHPE CV Writing and mock interview assessment.
PE & Sport Uniform
- Students are to wear full school uniform to school everyday and bring their PE/Sport uniform to get changed for practical lessons.
- Alternate PE uniform can be worn if the uniform is in the wash etc, however a note must be supplied.
- Students who are injured and cannot participate in practical activity must provide a note explaining the reason. An injury that will remove student from practical activity for more than one week must supply a medical/physio certificate.